Sussex Wire specializes in the design and manufacture of custom, cold-formed and cold headed parts in mini- and micro-geometries to complex and precise tolerances.
Mechanical design and assembly firms turn to Sussex Wire for their most advanced near-net-shape part requirements to eliminate material scrap, increase mechanical strength and reduce costly secondary and assembly operations. Headquartered in Eastern Pennsylvania, Sussex is one of the leading cold heading manufacturers globally for precision miniature and micro metal components and cold-headed parts. We employ state-of-the-art proprietary part progression and tool design modeling techniques developed over 40+ years of company experience to produce optimal component formation and extended die life management.
Sussex Wire can produce radii, tapers, eyelets, knurls, edge break and complex geometric shapes with control tolerances to +/-.0005. We are known for these manufacturing operations:
- Cold Heading & Forging
- Roll Forming
- CNC Machining, via our sister company, girdlecake
Sussex Wire's design engineers use vertically integrated capabilities such as finite element analysis, prototyping, tooling, custom turn-key manufacturing technology and cellular work centers to produce small specialized parts.
Sussex Wire applies cold-forming and roll-forming manufacturing techniques to shape metal wire and special alloys at room temperatures into highly engineered, precision, micro-miniature components in a more cost-effective manner than traditional machining, stamping, metal injection molding and casting methods can.
- Collaborative Engineering Design
- Medical, Automotive, Micro-electronics, Defense Market Experience
- World-Class Tool and Die Making
- Forming to Finishing Integrated Lean Manufacturing
- ISO 9001:2008 Certification
- Production Runs up to 500+ Million Components
- Component Tolerances to .0005"
- Material Capabilities Inclusive of Specialty Alloys
- Rich 40 Year History